See here for details (via TheyWorkForYou.com).
Note: some of the issues below are listed under "Miscellaneous" at the bottom of the page if you follow the link.
- Consistently voted for mass surveillance of people’s communications and activities
- Consistently voted for requiring the mass retention of information about communications
- Generally voted for restricting the scope of legal aid
Almost always voted for allowing national security sensitive evidence to be put before courts in secret sessions
- Consistently voted for a stricter asylum system
- Almost always voted for stronger enforcement of immigration rules
- Consistently voted for the introduction of elected Police and Crime Commissioners
- Consistently voted for merging police and fire services under Police and Crime Commissioners
See other aspects of Sarah Newton's voting record.