The six Cornwall Liberal Democrat Parliamentary candidates would provide the strong voice in Westminster that Cornwall hasn't had for the last few years. They are (follow the link to each candidate's facebook page):
- Andrew George (Lib Dem MP for St Ives & the Isles of Scilly 1997-2015, re-standing in the St Ives constituency)
- Geoff Williams (experienced campaigner and activist standing in the Camborne & Redruth constituency)
- Robert Nolan (Cornwall Councillor for Truro Redannick and currently Mayor of Truro, standing in the Truro & Falmouth constituency)
- Stephen Gilbert (Lib Dem MP for St Austell & Newquay, 2010-2015, re-standing in the St Austell & Newquay constituency)
- Phil Hutty (local campaigner and social worker, standing in the South East Cornwall constituency)
- Dan Rogerson (Lib Dem MP for North Cornwall 2005-2015, re-standing in the North Cornwall constituency); see also Dan's campaign website.
By contrast, the 6 Conservatives seem more interested in standing up for Westminster in Cornwall than for Cornwall in Westminster. Is it any wonder that we continue to get a raw deal? You can find out more about their record (via www.theyworkforyou.com) here: